Regarding the following, written by "martin f krafft" on 2019-11-02 at 23:40
Uhr +1300:
How does this message fare? I’ve hacked up my script so that it actually keeps the ‘>’ even in the HTML, but uses CSS to hide it.

Yeah, so I am not convinced at all, because all the html2text converters won't ignore that extra '>', and it just gets really ugly.

Assuming that Thunderbird users are the only ones that actually know how to quote (and we can safely ignore Outlook/Gmail, who all top-quote anyway), maybe this is a bug to be taken up with Thunderbird devs?

--
@martinkrafft | https://riot.im/app/#/room/#madduck:madduck.net
"es ist gut, eine sache doppelt auszudrücken und ihr einen