Sebastian Stein <seb....@hpfsc.de> [200106 20:57]:
> > If possible it would helpful to test against a vanilla 1.10.1 (or newer)
> > tarball, to discount external patch bugs.
>
> Ok, I will try that and report back.

I've been using 1.13.2 compiled from official source since a few days and
haven't seen the problem again. So I would assume it is related to the
official Kubuntu/Ubuntu package. This makes sense, because I think the
problem only started after switching to latest Kubuntu release.

Next week, I will try to figure out how to report a bug to Ubuntu's package
maintainers. Maybe we can upgrade the package to latest vanilla version.

Regards,
Sebastian