On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 05:22:23PM -0300, Marcelo Laia wrote:
You are very welcome!

I asked to do this in the client side because I use Gmail. How I could
do this on the Gmail side? If it is possible, I will love it!

Hi Marcelo,

I've done a small test but I haven't been able to make it work, though I think I've followed a reasonable path. You're welcome to try to replicate it, I can't really tell why it fails, it's not like there's a log somewhere.

First I have created a template (make sure you have them enabled: Settings > Advanced > Templates). Edit a new mail and use the "three dot" menu at the bottom of the composing window: Templates > Save draft as template > Save as new template. Give it a proper name (large_autoreply, for instance).

Then create a filter with this search: "has:attachment larger:256K". I'm using 256K so we don't have to use attachments that are too large to test it. Put that in the search box (or use the options to get basically the same effect) and then click "Create filter". Choose "Delete it" and "Sent template", and choose the one we just created. Click on the blue "Create filter" button.

Now I send an e-mail to that address with a large attachment (300kb)... and the e-mail is deleted, but for some reason I don't get the autoresponse back. It's true that I haven't used gmail in a while, so perhaps there is something more to the templates that I haven't done.

Cheers,

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org