On Friday, 29 May 2020 19:28:26 CEST, Ian Zimmerman <i...@very.loosely.org> wrote:
On 2020-05-29 07:33, Matthias Apitz wrote:

Has someone an idea how could I provide to the remote mutt session the
IMAP credentials stored on my local laptop?

If you can talk to the admin of the remote host, you can put the
credentials into some Unix environment variables on the laptop and make
ssh lob them over (this is controlled by AcceptEnv, SendEnv and SetEnv
in ssh configuration, including the sshd on the remote and that's what
you need the admin's help for). Then in the remote .muttrc at the place
where you need the credentials use a `printenv FOO` construct.

I have done something like this but since then my program of radical
simplicity has made some progress :-)

Thanks for the idea. I made some test and the remote sshd let pass through the TERM env var. So could add to it the IMAP pw and use it in the remote .profile to cut it again in two values for TERM and pw.

Thanks.

matthias

--
Sent from my Ubuntu phone