On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 04:15:10PM +0200, mutt...@mail.com wrote:
What I'd like is that when I press '?' I get a list of *mailboxes*
rather than directories, because, as a user, I'm really not interested
in directories, I only want to know about mailboxes.

I have a couple suggestions. The first is to check the value of $folder. It sounds like it is set to the same value as $spoolfile, but you probably want it one directory higher (assuming "Mail" is at the same level as "Work", "Play", etc.)

If you use the `mailboxes` command, you can alternatively invoke <browse-mailboxes>. This is by default bound to 'y'. Many long time users have 'y' bound to a macro, though, so it may be worth double checking and clearing out the macro if necessary.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy