Kevin J. McCarthy <ke...@8t8.us> [200714 21:46]:
> Mike's reported bug was triggered by relative path mailboxes.  Instead of:
>   set folder = "~/Mail"
>   mailboxes =a =b =c
> he had:
>   set folder = "~/Mail"
>   mailboxes a b c
> where a, b, and c were then resolved relative to the mutt starting
> directory, instead of under $folder.  I made a mistake with the system call,
> forgetting a flag to ensure relative path behavior when resetting the
> access-time.

I have the following:

set folder="$HOME/Mail"
mailboxes `cd $HOME/Mail; echo P-*|sed -e 's/P-/+&/g'`
mailboxes `cd $HOME/Mail; echo L-*|sed -e 's/L-/+&/g'`

There are 283 mbox files counting about 4.000 characters. Is this too much?

Is it expected that value of "mailboxes" variable isn't shown when running:

mutt -D

Also inside mutt, running

:echo $mailboxes

doesn't output anything.

Some other values of (maybe) interest (via mutt -D):

mail_check=5
mail_check_recent is set
mail_check_stats is unset
mail_check_stats_interval=60

mbox="~/mbox"
mbox_type=mbox
move=no

browser_abbreviate_mailboxes is set
sort_browser=alpha

So far, I haven't found any clear way to reproduce it. I "think" it most
often happens if several emails are added by procmail to several different
mbox files. Only 1 or 2 of such folder files are marked as having new mails,
all others are lost.

I compiled 1.14.6 from source.

Official Ubuntu is still on mutt 1.13.2, but I first reported the problem
with version 1.10.1. So I think the problem might have been introduced with
version 1.10, because before Ubuntu had mutt 1.9, where I didn't encounter
this problem.

Please let me know for any additional information. Of course, you can also
contact me directly and I'm happy to share my config with you.

Regards,
Sebastian