On 29Jul2020 09:13, Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au> wrote:
>On 28Jul2020 13:27, Kevin J. McCarthy <ke...@8t8.us> wrote:
>>On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 12:52:02PM +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>>>What I would rather do is keep the full name in my alias, but have some
>>>kind of $index_format format string which accesses the "raw" full name
>>>from the message header instead of the name from $reverse_alias.
>>>
>>>Is this possible, one way or another?
>>
>>I don't know if this helps, but have you tried a format pipe *just* in
>>one of the index-format-hook with %f and using the script to extract
>>the name part of the full address?
>>
>>    set index_format="%D %@from_part@ %S %?M?(%M) ?%?H?[%H] ?%s%* %?y?  y?
>> %4c"
>>    index-format-hook from_part '%f polyname' "~/bin/extractname '%f'|"
>>    index-format-hook from_part ~A '%-15.15F'
>
>I have not.. Might be expensive. I'll see how that goes. Thanks!

Just FYI, I've done this instead:

https://bitbucket.org/cameron_simpson/css/commits/9bdab9c16452223a58508939d43b04c23820bdb2

Since all my mail aliases arre autogenerated from a database, this
suppresses the fullname part for addresses in my new "noaliasname"
address group. So now I'm just marking addresses which need it as being
in that group (all of 3 addresses so far).

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>