On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 11:12:32AM -0800, Aleksandr Miroslav wrote:
> What filter can I use to only show messages that contain emojis in the
> subject line?
>
> For me, these are almost always spam, so I would like to quickly
> filter them out.

Seems like that might be challenging - even if Mutt decodes the subject
first, I don't think it can look for specific ranges, and also, it seems
as if there's no specific set of ranges to filter.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30470079/emoji-value-range

It might be easier to make a character set of characters you do want,
and look for messages that contain at least one character that's not in
that set.

For example, for me, this seems to roughly work for most of the mail
that I see, except that it includes emails with Chinese characters in
the subject or an empty subject. But you might be able to dial that in
to something close to what you want.

I don't know if my system is misconfigured, but I don't actually see
emojis in the pager of mutt, though I do see them in vim if I edit a
message.