Hi,

If you're familiar with tmux you can try solution from [1]this github issue.
I believe this should work with mutt as well.

1. https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/2713

Best,
JJ

On 2021-02-20 09:12, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día sábado, febrero 20, 2021 a las 12:54:46p. m. +0530, Chinmaya Nagpal
escribió:

Hi,

I'd like to be able to launch an editor in a new terminal window and
continue browsing my emails, like the contrib/bgedit-detectgui.sh script
does but with my editor wrapped in a terminal window instead of with gvim.

And what about storing the mail in question into a temp. mbox file,
launching an additional terminal window with an additional mutt session
with this file.

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045