Hi Kevin J. McCarthy,

oh this is embarrasing!  You're right of course.

> > PS: I'm using the Ubuntu package: 1.13.2-1ubuntu0.4
Yes, but I also installed mutt 2.0 manually to /usr/local last fall
because there was no deb package yet.  Apparently the file mime.types
wasn't installed to /usr/local/etc/mime.types for an unknown reason.

I fixed my problem like this for now:
 ln -s /etc/mime.types /usr/local/etc/mime.types
But will switch to the buster-backports package soon.

So sorry for the unnecessary noise!
 Andy

--
 Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of
 hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo,