On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 05:08:58PM -0400, Kurt Hackenberg wrote:
> On 2021/03/25 16:37, Chris Green wrote:
>
> > Brilliant! :-)  That was it.  I've not seen an error like that before
> > but I guess it must be because of when I did something to that message
> > relative to when the mairix index was built.
>
> You replied to that message. That's what the R in the filename means. See
> Wikipedia on maildir: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maildir>
>
> Apparently you use mairix on a live set of messages. If so, this will be an
> ongoing problem. You might want to rebuild mairix's index automatically,
> perhaps nightly.

OK, thanks, I hadn't hit this little wrinkle before even though I'd
been using mairix with maildir for several months.

I re-index with mairix randomly when I need to at the moment, I can
easily set up a cron job to run overnight, still won't handle the case
where I'm looking for something I saved the same day (and forgot where
I put it!) but it'll handle most.

Plus, now I know what causes the problem I can simply re-index if I
see it.

--
Chris Green