On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 12:36:53PM +0100, isdtor wrote:
My S/MIME setup has died one from day to the next and I cannot find out why.

Symptom: trying to send e.g. signed email, the result is

error signing data: No CRL known?

This an error coming back from GPGME when trying to perform the sign operation.

TBH this looks more like a gpg than a mutt problem, and I haven't figured out how to debug this. Same error for encrypting.

Yes, it sounds like something changed with either the GPGME version, or perhaps a configuration file. I can't offer much advice except to check those things. :(

--
Kevin J. McCarthy