I would like to intercept the recipient before the reply or reply to
group, and before sending and I am asking for best approach.

Explanation:

Every user at my side has unique ID number. When replying to recipient
I am editing a text related to recipient. Within Emacs editor I have a
CRM system that jumps to various people ID numbers. Thus I would like
to inject the ID number into the text before the reply. That is very
useful as I could then use single press to get all other recipient's
information (phone, notes, other emails, etc.) straight from the text
I am replying to that recipient.

Is there a way to inject anything into the quoted message by for
example filtering the message, injecting the ID if it does not exist,
and then passing it again back to Mutt?

Another question is related to recording the fact that I have sent
email to specific user at specific time. This is very useful for the
CRM system. That would mean that before pressing `y' to send final
email I would need to intercept the recipient's email address. Is
there a way to intercept the recipient's address, like making a macro
for the `y' key binding?

Thanks in advance,
Jean