On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 01:20:27AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
I've always preferred a black letters on white background scheme.
However, after cataract surgery I'm considering using a dark
background scheme.

Has anyone a technique for defining multiple color schemes and
toggling among them while using mutt?

I already keep my color scheme in a separate file and source
that file from ~/.muttrc.  To extend that, I created two
files for light and dark schemes and separate macros (,l and ,d)
to source them while running mutt.

I'd like to reduce that to a single macro that toggles between
the files or one that allows selecting from multiple scheme
files, perhaps in round robin fashion.

You can try something like below approach with dynamically redefined
macro:

~/.muttrc
---
macro index XX source ~/.mutt/colors1.muttrc
---

~/.mutt/colors1.muttrc
---
# colors #1
macro index XX source ~/.mutt/colors2.muttrc
---

~/.mutt/colors2.muttrc
---
# colors #2

--
Jon H. LaBadie                 mut...@jgcomp.com
11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)

--
Cheers,
Oleg A. Mamontov

mailto: o...@mamontov.net