# On Friday, September 10, 2021, 12:07:22 AM CDT, Jon LaBadie
<mutter.jgcomp....@jgcomp.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 04:29:03AM +0000, Globe Trotter via Mutt-users wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am still new to mutt (having moved from sylpheed) and finding my way. Great,
>but one of the major issues that I have been having is that sometimes I get
>some e-mail which is written in html but which has no indication of any links,
>but has some links that are embedded/hidden. So, there are two things I would
>like to say here. In the first case, I get an email and says, for instance:
>"Edit here." But there is no indication that there is a link, much less what
>the link is. So, in many cases, I am finding myself just not even realizing
>these actions on emails (not in the above case, because it specifically says
>that there is an action required on my part, but sometimes, the text is
>ambiguous). I can open the html in an external browser and there I find the
>link, but I would like an in-mutt solution (I don't really like going to the
>browser to read my email if I can help it). This is becoming quite a big
>concern for me.
>
>To be sure, there are some cases where I get the links displayed, but this is
>not always, and I am trying to find out how to make it such that it is
>displayed always.
>
>Thank you very much for your suggestions!
>Best wishes

>>> End of included message <<<

# I use the following macro (attached to my F5 key) to read the message using
lynx.  The think I particularly like is lynx puts in a citationnumber (eg [13])
wherever there is a link.  Then it prints the entirelist of citations at the
end of the message.  I can click on theappropriate citation to follow the link
in my browser.

# macro index,attach <f5> <view-attachments>/html<enter>"|/usr/bin/lynx -stdin
-dump 2> /dev/null | less \n"q 'read html message'

# --
# Jon H. LaBadie

I confirm that this solution works. I wonder if it would be worth it for me to
make it the default and what that would entail (since everyone seems to be only
sending email in HTML nowadays).

Btw, I have a different related issue. When I forward this email with the
hidden links, the links do not get forwarded. How do I ensure that this happens?

So, when I forwarded using mutt the article that generated the request above,
only the "Edit Article" text got sent, but not the hidden link with it.

Thanks very much!