* Anders Damsgaard <and...@adamsgaard.dk> [2021-11-22 12:05]:
> * Globe Trotter via Mutt-users <mutt-users@mutt.org> [2021-11-22 00:47:10
> +0000]:
>
> > What is the recommended way to pretty-print mutt emails? I found a
> > sourceforge perl script called muttprint but that was last updated in 2008,
> > and I was wondering what folks here recommended?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Hi,
>
> I use the following sh(1) script to format the message as troff and
> convert to pdf: https://adamsgaard.dk/tmp/muttprint-groff.sh
>
> It's a bit ugly in places, but it works for me.  This is an example:
> https://adamsgaard.dk/tmp/muttprint-example.pdf
>
> I bind it in my muttrc with the following:
>
>       set print_command="$HOME/.config/mutt/muttprint-groff.sh"

Very nice. I find it simple and good. I would like to have the header
fields rather aligned to left side.

When using grep, I think `grep -m1' should be used to find the first
match, as I wonder what would be the result if words like "From:" or
"Date: " are found in the body of the email, not only in the header.

I also think I can convert your script to use Asciidoctor instead of
groff, https://asciidoctor.org/ -- so I will work on it.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns