Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 12:33:09PM +0000, isdtor wrote:
> >
> > > I fear the days where my dayjob requires me to use something else (than
> > > neo/mutt).
> >
> > After a corp takeover, my dayjob is fully MS-centric. Yet, I am continuing
> > to use mutt for everything that is required, including S/MIME, and LDAP/AD
> > based address completion. Davmail+tb also works fine for the calendaring
> > aspect.
>
> I'm curious how you manage this, or maybe it's just a strong-willed
> eccentricity. ;-)
>
> Interacting with an HTML and mobile-first world has pushed my mutt usage to
> (mostly) interacting with developers.

I'm not isdtor, but my approach is:

- read plaintext first, then look at HTML via w3m if it's not
  clear.

- have a vcal to text filter conveniently at hand -- a
  ridiculously large number of people send calendar invites that
  have no mention in the text of when they want to meet.

- have a webmail client available if necessary -- I use this at
  least once a week, but not every day.

- mail on my phone (K9) is solely for interrupts and
  emergencies. I only sync my inbox.

Mutt is by far the best client for dealing with large amounts of
mail that can't be autosorted.

-dsr-