On 20/02/2022 12:37, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:

Please don't reply to me personally, it's poor etiquette.  Redirecting
back to the mailing list.
Understood. I apologize.

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 11:55:06AM -0600, Ion wrote:
Thanks for the speedy reply. There was no prompt. So I added "set
confirmcreate = yes" to my .muttrc file and tried gain. No change.
Another observation. Mutt shows my IMAP inbox. It seems the problem lies
with the SMTP request.

I'm not sure why you aren't seeing a "Create xxx?" prompt first.
Still, I hypothesize this is from your 'set record ="+Sent"' setting.

I see no "Create xxx" prompt.

Are you sure you have a "Sent" folder on your mail.messagingengine.com
account, that you can access and write to?

Well if I don't have access to it why does...

:~> echo "" | mutt -s "subject" -i file.txt ionm...@gmx.us" work when it
uses the same .muttrc file?

On Fastmail, for instance, the correct setting is:
  set record = "+Sent Items"
but perhaps their 'pobox' users are configured differently.

I changed it to "+Sent Items".  Nothing changed.

-Kevin