On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 08:49:35PM +0200, Orm Finnendahl wrote:
Am Montag, den 11. April 2022 um 10:33:57 Uhr (-0700) schrieb Kevin J. McCarthy:

That's the part that makes no sense to me. Simply unsetting and resetting "sign" will just display the value of $pgp_sign_as. Did something else happen in your workflow?

It's getting clearer thanks to your explanations: I was unaware of the difference of s/mime and pgp signing. The mail, I replied to was signed with s/mime, so replying to it set signing to (S/MIME). When unsetting and resetting it in my reply it gets set to (PGP/MIME), the key is set correctly and it works. It's not even possible to select s/(m)ime when selecting the encryption type manually even though it's displayed in the selection menu.

Oh good, that explains what's happening! If you don't have S/MIME configured, you may want to add 'unset crypt_autosmime' to your .muttrc. I believe that will take care of the problem.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy