Hello,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 12:19:13AM +0200, Andy Spiegl wrote:
Hi,

recently I discovered the command line program "viu"
(https://github.com/atanunq/viu)
which very nicely displays images in terminal windows.  I added this line to my
.mailcap:

image/*; viu -t -n %s ; copiousoutput

Below works for me (displays image until pressing any key):

image/*; viu -t %s && read -n 1

Now mutt calls viu for all attached images.
But only a black rectangle is shown instead of the image.

Do you have any idea why this happens?
I compared the env variables inside a mutt shell but found no relevant
differences.  TERM is still set to "xterm".  And if I start a subshell from
within mutt and then call viu, the image is displayed nicely.  I'm a bit
clueless...

Thanks for any hint,
Andy

--
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't, either.
  (Dick Cavett)

--
Cheers,
Oleg A. Mamontov