Francesco Ariis (2022/08/04 13:26 +0200):

> > > Have you considered enabling 2fa and then adding an application-specific
> > > password?
> >
> > Practically speaking, are you requested to confirm your authentication
> > through your phone each time you read your e-mails withmutt, or just
> > from time to time?
>
> Just once!

that sounds really cool and worthexperimenting! I really hope the
organization permits it, if it has the ability not to do so by default.

When you created your app passowrd, did you have to associate special
domains or permissions with it? Or did it "just work"?

> But once you have 2fa turned on, you will not be able to turn
> it off when you log in — say — in the web based gmail client.

I won't do such things (I'm blind and such clients are not at all
ocnvenient for me). However, I hpe that won't limit the ability to read
such e-mails from the regular iPhone mail app, for instance?

> I specifically use this feature with getmail (rather with mutt itself
> directly), I suspect there are other mutters reading this conversation
> which can bring their experience to the table.

I see. In the past I used fetchmail and even procmail for sometime. But
then, for some reason I wouln't be able to give, I switched to reading
my e-mails directly from  within Mutt through imap(s).

Thanks again for your help, so valuable to have this way out of the
OAuth2 business!

Sébastien.