On Mi, 17 Aug 2022, martin f krafft via Mutt-users wrote:

> Folks,
>
> This isn't really a Mutt question, but you're the kind of people that most
> likely would have good answers on the following:
>
> For reasons you don't want to know, I have to visualise a Maildir with a
> couple of thousand messages, i.e. essentially provide a mutt-style index
> with correspondents, dates, subjects, and threading, ideally in form of an
> HTML table.
>
> Apart from the threading, Python's email module can do most of the work, and
> combined with e.g. Jinja templating, I should be able to get results
> quickly, but since I don't like reinventing wheels, I was wondering if maybe
> you had a better idea?
>
> Is there a way to "screenshot" the Mutt index beyond the scroll window?
>
> Or can you think of command-line tools that visualise threads? Notmuch,
> which I use, can very quickly list all the threads, including the count of
> messages, but I actually need to list to be *really big* and not condensed,
> for reasons you don't want to know.
>
> I can make notmuch output json with threading, and then process that with
> Python to create a list, but maybe there's a better tool?

I wonder if you can make use of public-inbox, which is e.g. used to
create the git mailinglist archive. It's not pretty, but generates a
threaded mail archive from a Maildir, IIRC. Not sure how easy enough it
is to add date and from header

https://github.com/nojb/public-inbox

regards,
Christian
--
<lilo> "PLEASE RESPECT INTELLECTUAL RIGHTS!"
<lilo> "Please demonstrate intellect." ;)