On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 06:35:15PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 04:38:11PM -0400, John Hawkinson wrote:
> > (b) Even if recipients *do* rotate, they will still have the
> > subconscious/psychological result that "Dealing with Derek's emails
> > takes more work, he is annoying."
>
> That, arguably, would be my problem, but in 33 years of using e-mail,
> has never been.  Not once.  Not because of the way I format e-mail, at
> any rate... =8^)

This does happen, but I beg to point out that it happens *both* ways.
From my POV, when someone uses one of those MUAs that think a
paragraph and a line are the same thing, that person's emails make
more work for me, and I find the person annoying.

"More work" means, for example, that if I try to quote such a
"paragraph", and I touch it at all, emacs re-wraps it without
inserting the necessary additional quotation brokets and I have to add
them by hand.  There's probably a way to fix that, but I can't be
bothered to rotate, I mean, adjust it.

So this sword really does cut both ways.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library