On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 06:13:42PM -0500, Greg Marks wrote:
> Is the least intrusive way to proceed to request that my Azure account
> associated with my university e-mail be granted permission in the
> Azure Active Directory in the Azure AD role of "Application
> developer"?

So, I went through some similar thing (only in a corp vs. EDU type
environment), and I think that creating an "app" in AD would indeed be
the first step towards getting this working (whether that needs to be
within their AD or whether you can make your own account and create the
app I can't say; probably the former). After that, I believe
they'll also have to approve it for use.

Since Thunderbird works, I'm _assuming_ they haven't dropped "legacy"
(i.e., standard) protocols, but you may want to verify that _before_
going through the process.