Hi,

notmuch already integrated with mutt in some distro. To test, please, hit F8 key and type a word. Press enter key. If it do a search, the is a perfect integration. If not, you need to insert these commands inside muttrc:

macro index <F8> "<enter-command>unset wait_key<enter><shell-escape>/usr/bin/notmuch-mutt --prompt search<enter><change-folder-readonly>~/.cache/notmuch/mutt/results<enter>" "notmuch: search mail"

macro index <F9> "<enter-command>unset wait_key<enter><pipe-message>/usr/bin/notmuch-mutt thread<enter><change-folder-readonly>~/.cache/notmuch/mutt/results<enter><enter-command>set wait_key<enter>" "search and reconstruct owning thread (using notmuch)"

macro index <F6> "<enter-command>unset wait_key<enter><pipe-message>notmuch-mutt tag -inbox<enter>" "notmuch: remove message from inbox"

All text starting with "macro" is in one line. If you want to wrap they, you could use \ at the line end.

Here [1-4] you could found more tips.

1. https://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-mutt/

2. https://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2011/01/how_to_use_Notmuch_with_Mutt/

3. https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Notmuch#Integrating_with_mutt