Happy New Year everybody!

Playing around with the sidebar I came up with a few inconsistencies or
most likely misunderstandings.  Maybe someone could enlighten me please?

* The sidebar really cannot see a difference between NEW and OLD mails?
  So, %N shows the sum of NEW and OLD mails?
  But then, how is the value %n calculated? (N if mailbox has new mail, blank
otherwise)
  And buffy-list also knows which mailboxes have new mail.  Well, but not how
many.

* I tried "unset mail_check_recent" and "set mark_old" as the manual
  suggests in section 3.164 but I don't see a difference.

* %n is not updated when the mailbox is modified externally.
  check-stats or check-new do not update it either.
  But: Turning the sidebar off and on sometimes(!) does update it.
  (mail_check_stats is set and mail_check_stats_interval=30)

* sidebar-next-new does not jump to the next mailbox with new mail
  (according to %n) but only skips mailboxes with no unread (%N==0) mails.

And finally a curious question about the mailbox browser:
Is there a function/method "next-new" (like "sidebar-next-new") to jump
to the next mailbox with new mail?

Thanks so much,
 Andy

--
 One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.
   (Nancy Astor)