On 20Feb2023 09:06, David Young <dyo...@pobox.com> wrote:
I sort my mailboxes with "sort=threads", "sort_aux=last-date-received".
I would like to apply scores to messages and sort threads first by
maximum message score, second by last-date-received.  Is something like
that possible?

Well.. There's only sort and sort_aux.

But you're scoring!

You could score by message age. Take your current scoring and scale it up by 10 or 100 (to make mental arithmetic easier). The add a score in the range 0..9 or 0..99 for the age of the message. The set sort_aux to be the score. This would fold the message age into your scoring system.

There are relative age patterns in the PATTERNS section of the manual. You could just use number of days, or adopt something logarithmic maybe. Any arbitrary scale fitting into your scoring subrange will do eg linear days or hours etc for the recent messages, then >1d, >7d, etc.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>