Dear all,

I am trying to read emails on an exchange server through IMAP.

The server only accepts the PLAIN and XOAUTH2 authentication methods,
whereas mutt offers SASL, GSSAPI, CRAM-MD5 et LOGIN.

Since there is no authentication method in common they can not
come to an agreement.

Given that I don't have much hope to have the server support more
authentication methods than it does, would there be a hope for
mutt to support more authenticaiton methods? In particular,
wouldn't it be possible to have mutt support the PLAIN method
since the transaction takes place over imaps so the passwords
won't be sent in clear text anyway?

How about the XOAUTH2 way? Last time I tried it was an epic fail but perhaps I
did things in a wrong way and it's a genuine possibility?

Any help warmly appreciated.

Sébastien.