On Wed, Mar 29, 2023, Mark E. Mallett wrote:

> to add and implement a couple of muttrc variables to set a top and
> bottom margin, since I like to break up any wall of solid text. As I

"Back then" I had my own patches to do that.

> This actually used to be a fairly non-trivial patch, having to calculate
> offsets here and there, but at some point mutt 'window' management was
> changed and the margins got a lot easier. Of course I don't know that

For me it was the opposite: the original patch was simple, but with
that change it broke and I never got it to work properly again (it
"works" ok until something changes the layout and then the empty
lines are gone so I exit mutt and start it again).

Is your patch available somewhere? Maybe it works better for me
than the hack I have.