Hi,

(sorry for the rather bad subject text, it only shows my clumsy
knowledge of mutt)
I'm using mutt 2.2.9 on Debian bookworm.

Sometimes, when I reply to a message, the To field shows an email
address taken from another folder where I have a hook. I don't want this
and I don't understand where it is coming from. Here is the path:

1) I go in folder A where I read a message

2) I hit 'c' to go in folder B

3) I read a message and hit 'r' to reply

4) I get correct recipient from folder B and also recipient from folder
   A which I don't want

This only happens for particular folders, not all.

I would like that when I go in folder B, all information from folder A
is forgotten so that when I reply in folder B, only recipient for folder
B is taken into account as well as correct From email address.

I have broken my configuration in many little files where I can fine-tune the
settings. But this was done years ago and I don't remember everything
now. I guess there is an active hook somewhere that brings along the
faulty setting. So my question is what should I look for? I have a
default "global" file that is sourced when going in a particular folder,
and it contains:

# Reset any headers that may have been set in other folder-hooks
unmy_hdr From:
unmy_hdr To:
unmy_hdr Reply-To:
#unmy_hdr Fcc:
#unmy_hdr Return-Receipt-To:
#unmy_hdr Organization:
#unmy_hdr X-URL:

which I would think would do the job, but it doesn't. I also have
several reply-hook, message-hook, etc, set.

Please help me debug this issue, it's driving me nuts.

Thanks you.

s.