On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 07:02:34AM -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> On Sun Jul16'23 10:03:01PM, Ed Blackman wrote:
> > In my .muttrc I have:
> >
> > # Set $strict_threads in large mailboxes (which are likely to have
> > duplicated subjects)
> > folder-hook .           set strict_threads=no
> > folder-hook =sent       set strict_threads=yes
> > folder-hook =.archive*  set strict_threads=yes
>
> Thanks very much for this, however, I get an error, when I do the following:
>
>  folder-hook .      'unset smtp_url'; 'set strict_threads=no'
>  folder-hook '(mutt|fedora|postfix|fetchmail|openbox)' 'set from =
> em...@address.com; set smtp_url="something"; set smtp_pass="somethingelse";
> set
>  envelope_from_address="em...@address.com"; set use_envelope_from=yes; set
> from = "em...@address.com"; my_hdr Bcc:; set forward_format = "[FW frm
> %a:%s]";set realname = "Real Name"; set ssl_force_tls = yes; set ssl_starttls
> = yes'; 'set strict_threads=yes'

I think the syntax error you're getting is because the syntax is:
 folder-hook [!]regexp command

but you have two things after the regex.  Try:

 folder-hook .      'unset smtp_url; set strict_threads=no'

See how the command is all one quoted string?

You also have a ton of settings on that one line.  You might consider:

 folder-hook .                 'source ~/.mutt/folder_defaults.rc'
 folder-hook '(mutt|fedora)'   'source ~/.mutt/folder_techlists.rc'  # or
whatever name

Then make sure that *every* setting is set (or unset) in each RC file.  So if
you set ssl_starttls in folder_techlists.rc, you'll need to set or unset it in
folder_defaults.rc.  Otherwise, you will have different settings depending on
which folders you have visited.

--
Ed Blackman