On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 06:51:26AM +0200, Christopher Zimmermann wrote:
> On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 04:49:45PM -0700, Joe Damato via Mutt-users wrote:
> > A follow up question: is there a way to apply this to only specific imap
> > directories?
>
> What you now want to use is a folder hook:
>
> http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#folder-hook

Thanks that worked perfectly.

Just incase anyone stumbles on this thread later, here's what I ended up
doing in my muttrc to help manage email for the netdev kernel mailing
list with my gmail account:

1. My company uses gmail for email, so I setup mutt to use gmail for imap
   and SMTP. There are many guides for this on the internet.
2. Added a "label" in gmail's UI, called "netdev" -- which mutt sees as an
   imap directory.
3. Added a filter in gmail to filder all emails TO netdev@vger..., skip my
   inbox and apply the "netdev" label.
4. In my muttrc I added:

folder-hook netdev "lists netdev@vger...."
folder-hook netdev "color index color94 default ~p"

And now when I switch to the netdev directory within mutt (by pressing c),
I can easily see any messages that mention my email address in any thread
on the list.

Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it!

- Joe