At 05:41 AM 12/3/2009, you wrote:
>Any one have idea on this?

What you need to do is create a Todo view that has exactly what you 
want.  Generally I use a Todo View set to "All" with the criteria 
(not (HideInTodo)) AND (not(IsFolder)) [typing from memory so might 
be off on the names a bit].  Then, go to the Outlook sync settings 
and click on the option that is something like, "remove Outlook tasks 
that do not appear in View: " and set it to the view you just 
created.  Personally I have a dedicated view for my Outlook sync so 
that I don't accidentally change that view.

Be sure to do a full sync first, then change the option, then do 
another full sync.

Note that everything that is not in the view you set will be removed 
in Outlook.  This is fine if MLO is the "master".  But if you have 
Outlook tasks that might have any Outlook data attached/connected to 
them, be very careful that your view shows everything you need before 
setting it.  (And back things up first!  Close both MLO and Outlook 
and make copies of their data files).

To make sure you are getting exactly what you want, I've found two 
tricks helpful.  One is to add MLO columns to Outlook using the field 
chooser, User Defined Fields, so I can see what fields I want mapped 
and how.  (You have to turn these all on Under Outlook Sync Advanced 
Options, I think).  The second one is to group by something in 
Outlook that is a property nothing has set, so you see a count and 
can compare this to the count in MLO.  So for example, I might change 
Outlook to the predefined view, "By Person Responsible" - which is 
always me! to see how many tasks I am syncing to Outlook and make 
sure they are the right ones.

Note - Not that you care, but after months of syncing all kinds of 
things to Outlook, I'm slowly moving toward syncing only the current 
tasks I want to see.  At first I defined complicated Outlook views so 
that I synced everything and just didn't show it in Outlook, but I'm 
finding I much prefer having MLO own everything (all the recurrence 
etc).  My current view does have one issue though, which is that 
sometimes it deletes things in Outlook that have just arrived through 
Outlook which generates warnings in the log file.  (Because I'm not 
syncing all Contexts to Outlook at the moment).

Hope that helps - let me know if something is confusing.


Lisa


----------
Lisa Stroyan, mailto:[email protected]
www.empathic-parenting.com  

--

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en.


Reply via email to