Although you have to edit the dates and override the default, MLO has no
problem creating an undated child of a future parent. Such a task is in fact
considered active.

From: mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com
[mailto:mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Lisa Stroyan
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 1:40 PM
To: Groups, Email
Subject: Re: [MLO] turn off inherit parent dates

 Can you give us a little more detail? I'd be interested in what GTD setup
you are referring to. Also, can you give an example of a parent with a date
that the child shouldn't inherit? Sometimes when there are feature requests,
there may be other ways to accomplish the same thing.

I do think there is a basic assumption in MyLifeOrganized that subtask means
part of the parent task. I think it would change behavior significantly to
have undated tasks as subtasks of parents that start in the future, just as
one example.  Would the child be active, even though the parent hasn't
started yet?

Lisa