I hashtag all my frequently used projects  (ie the task name is
<ProjectName><#projnam>   and then use the search.   The progressive
matching that search offers works well.   And its also useful because the
search results remain on view so if you navigate away from that project
without finishing what you were doing, you can get back to it but clicking
on the relevant row in the search results.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/97f02807-7668-4a03-8c40-6cea5b177c59%40googlegroups.com.