Just realised that I have posted this once already. Sorry - senior moment. I guess it reflects the fact that this is currently one of the most annoying things for me (but it looks as if nobody else supported it - so I am on my own).
On Friday, 30 August 2013 14:18:01 UTC+1, Richard C wrote: > Just to add that I have just found a partial workaround - which is to open > a new window on the Day by Day view. This does remember which groups are > open/closed independently of the main window - so I can drag and drop items > from there to the same view in the main window. Its OK but one is > constrained by the fact that there is only so much that one can do in a > 'new window'. > > > On Friday, 30 August 2013 12:50:05 UTC+1, Richard C wrote: > >> At the moment, if you set up a Grouped view, you have for each a Group a >> ‘The group is expanded’ tickbox. >> >> >> >> If this is selected, then when you switch to this view by double clicking >> on a task, all the groups are expanded. >> >> >> >> If this is not selected, when you switch to the view by double clicking >> on a task, all the groups except the one that the task in are collapsed. >> >> >> >> What I need is an option which doesn’t change the current expands when >> you switch to the view, other than expanding the group that the task is in. >> >> >> >> Here’s why: >> >> >> >> I am increasingly using a Day by Day view as a quasi calendar view. >> This groups tasks by Start Date and it works quite well (but I would love a >> view which shows weeks, months, current day, etc and allows you to navigate >> by these). >> >> >> >> Quite often as I am planning my work, I will working on a particular >> day. This day will be the only day expanded in the outline. >> >> >> >> I will choose a task in that day and double click on it to see it in >> context in the outline. I wlll then decide to move it to a different day >> and change the date. >> >> >> >> When I switch back to my Day by Day view (by double clicking on the task >> or by clicking on the workspace tab), the day I was working on has >> collapsed and the day that I moved the task to has expanded. I don’t >> have a problem with MLO expanding the day where the task has moved to but I >> do have a problem with it collapsing the Day that I was working on because >> a) I have to remember which day it was and b) find it and expand it. >> >> >> >> For me, I would like MLO to remember the expansion pattern in the view >> so that when I return things are as I left them. If I tick the ‘This >> group expanded’ tickbox, then all the groups are displayed expanded and I >> have no idea where I am in the grouping list. >> >> >> >> Unless there is some hidden mechanism for achieving this, could we >> change the tick box to a drop down with options: >> >> · Display expanded >> >> · Display collapsed >> >> · Don’t change >> >> >> >> Hmmm – in writing that it strikes me that the problem may be that MLO >> probably doesn’t store the expand/contraction pattern when you switch away >> from the view. Hopefully now that we have workspaces, this is something >> that could be stored for each workspace (rather than each view). >> >> >> >> What do people think. >> >> >> >> Richard >> >> >> >> >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/7e299d34-eb1c-4ddf-a59f-e89135495fef%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
