Yes, you have demonstrated it, hence your Quid Era Demonstratum.

 

Windows MLO contains a conflict resolution procedure, such that when a
single transaction is modified in both the local and remote copies, MLO
shows you the transaction (sometimes it's *many* transactions, allows you to
view the fields where the copies differ, and select which copy to keep.
_This is available *only* in windows-to-cloud sync._

 

For mobile-to-cloud conflict resolution is a one-time choice of
always-believe-local or always-believe-remote. Your test shows that this
choice is in effect, is operative and works for wifi. Any default setting
like this will sometimes be wrong, and for that reason several people
including me have advocated for the procedure used in windows-to-cloud to be
used for all MLO sync. MLO developers have not yet responded to this
request.

-Dwight

 

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of sram
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:39 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [MLO] Why am I not offered chance for Conflict Resolution with
my WiFi Synchronisation?

 

ok.. done

created task "task" in desktop version.. synced it to ipod version..

case 1:
changed task to task1 in desktop, task to task2 in ipod; in ipod wifi sync
settings selected use local..
resynced.. result: "task2" in both places..

case 2:
changed task2 to task3 in desktop, task2 to task4 in ipod; in ipod wifi sync
settings selected use server..
resynced.. result: "task3" in both places..

Q.E.D..?

I didn't see any conflict resolution choice being offered either in the
desktop or ipod versions..

On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:50:08 PM UTC+5:30, sram wrote:

In the iphone/ipodTouch version.. old as well as the latest v2.. you have to
define in the sync settings which version will be used:
"local"(iphone/ipodT) or "server"(desktop).. this way, the conflict is
handled automatically.. i don't think the user gets to decide.. or am i
missing something..?

i vaguely remember trying out something like the test suggested by dwight
couple of years back.. will try that again..

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 6:49:49 PM UTC+5:30, Dwight Arthur wrote:

Hi, Jonathan

I would suggest forcing a conflict to see what happens.

 

Create a task named "test" then sync and verify that it's present on both
systems.

 

Now stop sync from running. Turn off your router, or if that's a problem,
turn off wifi on both systems.

 

Change the task on one system from "test" to "test1"

Change the task on the other system from "test" to "test2"

 

Turn wifi back on and sync. Do you get a conflict notice?

-Dwight

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Jonathan Stevens
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 7:07 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [MLO] Why am I not offered chance for Conflict Resolution with my
WiFi Synchronisation?

 

I can't work out when this stopped working. But I no longer get offered the
choice to handle synchronisation conflicts individually when syncing via
WiFi. In fact, just today, as I was toggling back and forth between other
applications, I noticed the Conflict Resolution dialog box appear with LOADS
of items listed. Just as I registered this and thought "oh, I've not seen
that for a while!"... it just disappeared. That made me think that MLO was
making its own decisions without giving me much chance to be involved!

 

But then I found on my phone that there had been an error in the sync, so I
re-sync'ed. And it seemd to go fine. Although still no Conflict Resolution
option presented to me.

 

So the main issue is: I've not been shown the Conflict Resolution dialog for
several months at least - and I'm *SURE* there must have been some conflicts
as I do update my MLO file quite often on both my desktop and my phone, as a
rule...

 

Is there something I can do?

 

Many thanks in advance for any help...

 

Jonathan

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/298cfb70-ae00-4452-820b-0e
bac1e5efa2%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/c9a97820-3bc9-4887-9cd1-3b
8a0a0e5ade%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/004701ceae49%246f1202a0%244d3607e0%24%40GrantSmiths.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to