You cannot stop MLO from creating a top level folder named <Inbox> but you
don’t have to use it. You are free to create a top level folder named Collect.
It’s hard to impossible to modify the included view “Inbox” but nothing stops
you from creating another view called “collect” and showing the tasks in your
Collect folder.  Sometimes MLO will deposit new tasks into the Inbox. Some of
the things that cause that are:

1. Hitting the big red “new task” button while in the <Inbox> folder

2. Using Rapid Task Entry while the Parent… field contains \<Inbox>

3. Emailling new tasks to the “MLO by Email” address defined in the cloud sync
setup

There are probably others. But you don’t have to do any of these things. For
example, you could type \Collect in the RTE Parent… box

To sum up, you cannot get rid of <Inbox> but you can have both Collect and
<Inbox> and use Collect instead of Inbox for everything that matters.

-Dwight