Hi, Nat.

There have been times when someone gets this error without there being any
actual problem, so it’s okay to go ahead and sync. There are other times when
it is the first clue of something serious happening, and gives you a chance to
avoid serious data loss. I am not sure that this advice is perfect but you are
looking for quick help so here it is:

DO NOT ALLOW ANY SYNCS TO PROCEED

Back up everything you can on both sides

Now, if you have an old backup you consider to be correct, restore it.
Otherwise, examine your tasks on both sides, especially in areas where you have
been working recently. Pick one side or the other to be the one you like best.

If you like the desktop profile best, create a new empty profile on your phone
and open it, while opening the existing profile on the desktop

If you like the phone profile best, create a new empty profile on your desktop,
while opening the existing profile on the phone

On the desktop, in File>Synchronization, create a new sync profile that uses a
new cloud file in your existing cloud account. Run a sync.

On the phone, in Settings>synch, connect to the new cloud file you just made
and run a sync.

Sync once more on the desktop. Done.

-Dwight