On Friday, 11 April 2014 17:26:34 UTC-3, Terry Longo wrote:
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> The approach use is to make sure the views I use to see a prioritized list 
> exclude tasks that have no DueDate defined.
>
> Terry
>
> On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:20:45 PM UTC-4, Christoph wrote:
>>
>> In principle, I really like the idea behind the "computed-score 
>> priority" feature. 
>>
>> However, the way how due dates are factored into the computed score 
>> seems wrong to me. 
>>
>> When I set a due date in the future (maybe next week), then the computed 
>> score gets a negative contribution. When the due date is set in the past 
>> (overdue task), then the score gets a positive contribution (and there 
>> is an option to boost that even more). So far, so good. 
>>
>> However, when I set NO due date at all, then there is no contribution. 
>> So this means that such tasks have higher priority than tasks with a due 
>> date. Why should a task with no due date have higher priority than a 
>> task due tomorrow? When I set no due date then this means for me "I have 
>> no fixed date when to finish this task, it may be done any time". The 
>> tasks that are due tomorrow should always have higher priority. 
>>
>> -- Christoph 
>>
>>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/21bc9026-363e-4122-86bd-114935963dc8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to