Hi all.
I wish endorse this very interesting topic, as, starting from 15th of 
August, I am using the free Android app "EGO TIMER" (look at the free 
version) that exactly does this very fine (and it does this on the Google 
calendar synced!!), and I realized that THIS IS what I ever needed!
The most important point well highlighted by damoski is that I am very 
commited only when I can place some important tasks to be done, for 
instance, at the day Tuesday on 3pm for 30minutes, as after and before this 
I already placed other things (meetings or tasks). I experimented that this 
is the most committing way to GDT (=Get Things Done): this way I am able to 
build a very very realistic schedule for my time and I can remember the 
time details I wanted for the schedule, noto only a generic list of thinks.
It is meaningless to have a list of 57 tasks all at the top of the list if 
I have no feel of the "weight" of each task in terms of time need and if I 
do not remember the sequence I planned for them and the day and time: It 
would be similar to say "I wish to meet Ann" but I never took a real 
appointment with her!

The top of the MLO for me would be:

- a MLO 2.0 for Android with custom views on Android device (possibly 
importing some views from the desktop MLO rel).
- a feature to get a task and place on the MLO Calendar view (Google 
synced!) by navigating on the calendar searching for a free timeslot: on 
the calendar view I can check other appointments already placed and all the 
tasks already placed, so as to place tha task only on really free 
timeslots! Wonderful!

I think that the first app that perform this functions will win all the 
Award Winning of the world.

Il giorno mercoledì 2 gennaio 2013 15:57:32 UTC+1, damoski ha scritto:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was going to propose a calendar view, until I searched here and checked 
> Uservoice, and realised it's already the most frequently-requested feature 
> :-)
>
> However - I wanted to extend this a little further, by proposing that the 
> calendar view doesn't just show the deadline dates of the various tasks, 
> but actually allows you to tentatively schedule some tasks for a certain 
> day and even timeslot - and, going one step further - would allow you to 
> view your prioritised ToDo list, and *quickly and easily *drag-and-drop 
> the tasks into the free slots on your calendar (alongside your calendared 
> appointments).
>
> I keep reasoning that if I execute GTD correctly and use MLO correctly, 
> then I should just be able to keep ticking off the 'next in the list', and 
> everything will magically get done. However, the reality is that I often 
> end up scheduling what I know I need to do, in that particular timeslot 
> that I know I can do it in. At present, I often end up 'double-entering' 
> (ie. re-writing the existing MLO task as a calendar appointment), to 
> co-ordinate this. Using MLO flags up what I need to do on a day-by-day 
> basis, but I'll still manually compile my 'Today' list from that, and then 
> work on that.
>
> Currently, I use a 'Today' context, and Starred view, for that, so I can 
> quickly look at the Starred view on my phone, but every time I look at it, 
> I still have to make that mental review of "OK, * task 6... was I going to 
> do that before OR after the 3pm conference call?". Much better, if I can 
> drop them directly into a calendar view for today, then glance at that.
>
> Anyway, I've posted this as an idea on Uservoice:
>
>
> http://mlo.uservoice.com/forums/9235-general/suggestions/3509561-close-the-gap-between-the-todo-list-and-the-schedu
>
> Cheers!
>
>
> Damian
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/bac22c21-57b7-4f86-b071-81165e06187c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to