On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 6:00:30 PM UTC, Steve Kunkel wrote:

> The biggest game-changing book for me was *10 Natural Laws of Successful
> Time and Life Management* by Hyrum Smith.

I see that "10 Natural Laws..." was written way back in 1994. Has Smith not
learn anything & written an up update in the 20+ years since ?

> After that I read* 7 Habits of Highly Successful People* by Steven Covey.
>  I had seen 7 Habits in books stores for years, but had avoided it.  It was
> so popular that I expected it to be a bunch of superficial pop-psychology
> junk.  But in fact it is an excellent book.  I highly recommend it...to
> everyone!

Covey's title sounds like fantastically compelling title for a book,
however personally I didn't get on with it. I found it long-winded,
egotistical and full of blind true-isms. And personally it did little or
nothing to change my life.

However to be fair, being semi-dyslexic I find reading painful and my
standards for density of rich content from the written word as a result are
high.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Brit but I am listening to Jack Canfield's
"Effortless Success" and I  find it *jaw-dropping* just how naive /
gullible / easily led our American cousins-consumers can be.

Seven NYTimes best sellers at once or not... in truth how can anyone,
anywhere swallow this stuff *the way it's presented?*

I am on CD 3, and much of Canfield's 1st 2 CDs in effect says:
==> "I have have made pots of money out of teaching you this stuff - be
like me!" No, Jack someone has to generate the wealth.

==> "I have had great fun giving it away to the poor." Jack you are on an
ego trip. Particularly if you need to brag about it.

==>"My good friend Anthony Robins & I bought 30 bags of groceries and gave
them to poor people" Jack you are name dropping.
Jack you are salving your conscience.
Jack you are not doing any long term good towards the poor people.

Jack you are in an intensely privileged position - you are the froth on the
waves of the ocean. And no, not everyone can floating froth.

This is a monumental shame because I'm quite sure that I DO have a lot to
learn (from Canfield) and am persisting.

I'll keep you posted re do I recommend Jack Canfield.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/c8df2af6-b3eb-48dc-b2d7-144ffbbedd55%40googlegroups.com.