Hi.  Sorry for the late reply, but I have two profiles, as you suggested.  I do
a save-as to create new files from old (that way my flags are preserved).

From: mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com
[mailto:mylifeorganized@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Eric Hart
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:43
To: MyLifeOrganized
Subject: [MLO] Question about "Profiles" and separating Work from Personal

Hi Folks,

I am looking to separate work and personal.  I currently have them as two
top-level folders in the outline.  But I would like two inboxes (and two
"quick-entry" widgets on my Android phone).  So am looking at using "Profiles"
on the Android platform, which looks to do what I want.

A few questions:

1. Profiles don't look to be the same on the Windows platform.  Would a new
profile be a new "data file" with a corresponding "Synch Profile"?

2. Is there any way to move or copy existing tasks to the new profile?  Maybe
copy the entire data file and delete everything I don't want?

3. Is it the case that EVERYTHING gets done from scratch in the new profile?
What can come over on Windows and Android platforms?

4. Is "profiles" a good way to go at all?  How do others separate work and
personal?

Cordially,

Eric

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/3be44dfc-381d-4db1-97d1-c5f29d601fc7%40googlegroups.com