As soon as Apple made it possible to remove their default apps from the
system (well, some of them...), I did so as I'm using others that better
match my expectations.

What I found out however is that when I try to backup my iPhone / iPad
settings (views in first row), the process fails as it attempts to launch
Mail.app, which obviously doesn't exist at my device. Is there any other
way to do so?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/438b672d-3808-4f09-af17-6c7ab291240d%40googlegroups.com.