Oh... It turns out that none of my popup text was working within MLO. (e.g.
When a Tab's name is too long for the space available it should pop up -
and that wasn't working either)

Strangely
A) even though I had rebooted the popup text was still failing to appear
B) for who knows what reason the pop-up texts have now suddenly re-appeared
- including the "Icon hint" text.

I shall keep an eye out and see if it happens again, but for now the "Icon
hint" text is working nicely   :^)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/dd349948-e421-4061-833f-fbde340e98ad%40googlegroups.com.