SRhyse - thanks.

At present, I only have Work, Personal (includes non-chargeable Admin and
social life), Health (includes fitness), but I am planning to have more one
the dust has settled a bit on my setup.

Yes, I too use Stars for "attempt to do today".
Yes, I too use Start date, to kick things into the future (partly Tickler
File, partly Waiting For), because I am using a lot of "Active" views in
MLO, which will of course hide tasks which haven't started yet.

I know that I probably do have far too many Context tags, but I use them
for completely different purposes:

[Note: These are NOT the exact context names that I use but roughly what i
am doing is this: ]

a) *Traditional "context"* - i.e. physical location, and/or type of
equipment to be used (e.g. @Errands, @House, @Office (means paperwork),
@Calls, @PC-very-quick, @PC-not-quick

b) What is my core *level of commitment* to executing it - is it one of a
small number of "Goals", if so over what period? Useful to help make sure
my priorities stay on target.

c) What, in principle, is its *status* of 'do I want to do, and if so it
now?"
e.g.
- Live, (Do ASAP)
- Do Someday (Maybe never do)
- Do Soon  (Coming up, but not yet urgent/important enough to be of "Do
ASAP" status)
- Archive - look again say in a year. But completely exclude from all
weekly/monthly reviews before then.
- Information only (not executable)

d) What is the level of *psychological resistance*? - e.g. Have I already
put it off a few times?
If so, special attention may be required to stop avoidance.

e) What *time of day* to execute it? - e.g. Evenings only

PERSONAL ENERGY
f) Is it fun i.e. is it an *energy generator*?
g) Can it be done when I have *lower energy*
h) Does it demand *higher energy* &/or deep reflective thought

i) I also have a temporary MLO context-tag for "was starred yesterday"
which sounds slightly nuts but which I find easy to use and surprisingly
useful when allocating my Stars for today.

j) Currently, I also need to have a tag to flag up tasks which I have
*publically
committed* (on a different system) to executing them within some time
frame.

Yes, yes, I know that's probably far too many MLO context-tags but I
currently do find them all useful.

Fwiw, what I also find incredibly powerful is that I am using the Icons
column to indicate visually which MLO context-tag(s) each task has. I am
currently using about 6 icon positions so that I can have up to 6 different
icons visible on each task. This creates an extremely compact view of what
context-tags I have allocated on each task. This also means that I
dont have to keep reading my tags, and for this reason they currently are
able to have very long names (This is v. useful whilst I get used to what
my own tags actually mean...).

Note that it is very easy to allocate tags to tasks because I have
allocated hotkeys to almost all of my MLO context-tags (all of which FWIW,
involve with Control+Alt+...)

However just the same, I do like the sound of fewer, much shorter tags...

But *SRhyse*, I am intrigued by your setup.  Are you saying that you only
have 3 contexts in total i.e. D, S and W?

Also if you don't mind sharing I would be intrigued to know what your
folders you have in the root directory i.e. in effect what your areas of
life (AKA Areas of Responsibility) are. I don't need exact names, just a
sort of generic description would be of great interest to me as I am
currently re-thinking this aspect of my data...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/87065013-4f99-4e7f-b9e0-75469c998339%40googlegroups.com.