What I really want is "hide the children - not the branch itself - from
To-Do"...   but yes if I select all the children at once an apply that
condition it does the job.

Good suggestion - many thanks! :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/4395000f-0099-41d7-aed6-31ca84b5cd49%40googlegroups.com.