I +1 this suggestion about a hundred times. I try to do this almost every
day, sort by a column, and then remember I can't and spend way too much
time sorting the list so it's in the order I want it.  I found it
surprising that it wasn't a function MLO had, because I consider it a basic
one for anything with columns. I do hope that it's something included in
the new version. :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/ffe09bad-3d94-433e-8016-5f96b92da425%40googlegroups.com.