Hello

Here is a little tip for you GTD method users.

Problem:
In order for GTD to work well, it's important for all your actions to have
at least one Contexts. But during a busy day, it's easy to forget to do so.

Solution:
What I do is work from the Active Actions and make them *slightly hard to
read* until they have a Context.
This keeps visually reminding/nagging me to add a Context until I have done
so.

Details:

1. I set the base colour of my tasks to a pale, slightly annoyingly pale
colour.
Tools ==> Options ==> Themes and Formatting ==> Task Format ==> Active
Tasks ==> Font ==> Font colour ==> something pale (i.e. pale green would be
"$0099DD99")

2. I also set the automatic formatting to a more readable colour if the
task has a context of any sort.
Tools ==> Options ==> Automatic Formatting ==> Add [Add a new rule fairly
high up the list of rules] ==> Condition ==> "(Context is not empty)  AND
(ActiveAction)"
Format ==> Font colour a darker colour (e.g. "$00007700" would be a dark,
easily read green)

ALSO
I have now set up a hotkey for almost every Context-Tag. They all start
with  "Control+Alt" as there seemed to be fewer default MLO hotkeys using
that space.
e.g. "Control+Alt+E" toggles the Errands context on/off.

If you have forgotten which Context-Tag hotkeys you have set up, they are
all visible when you right-click the Context column

Fwiw, because I sometimes use several Context-Tags at once for my tasks, I
find it easier to see what's going on visually, so I use the Icon column
for this - which is also set up withing Automatic Formatting.
a) Tick "use icon"
b) Click icon to select the icon you want
c) Set "Icon type" to "Custom"
d) Set the icon position number if you want to space the icons out
e) Set the icon hint to remind yourself what context each icon was for.
(e.g. "@Errands")

FINALLY
In order to scoop up any tasks that have slipped through the net, I also
have a view to just show tasks which have no Context-tags.
Personally I use:
- Show Actions: Active
- Show hierarchy: No
- The Advanced Filter "Context is empty"

Personally, all of the above has rather transformed my MLO life  :^D
Hope you find useful.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/9f15b9fa-9dd9-4b00-83cd-092cc6db8a03%40googlegroups.com.