This may help you: I have an Automatic Formatting rule right near the start
of the Automatic Formatting rules list, which greys out any item which is
either not Active, or has the context @WaitingFor and has not yet got to
its due date (see attached screenshot).

I've also changed the "active actions" filter so that @WaitingFor items are
not shown until they're past their due date.

Stéphane

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/5f7b1189-f103-470c-b9c7-5d08e328ab6a%40googlegroups.com.